Qualifications and Professional Development
I completed a 4 year degree course at City University in 1996, graduating with a BSc (hons) in Clinical Communication Studies.
I have been a practicing member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) since October 1996.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
I have been a practicing member of the Association of Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP) since 1999.
I have been a member (and now Secretary) of the National Medico-Legal Clinical Excellence Network since 2010.
I have been the coordinator of the Kent and Sussex Independent Speech and Language Therapy Clinical Group since 2014.
As a self-employed practitioner I have up-to-date enhanced DBS clearance.
Prior to working solely independently, I worked within the NHS for over 10 years. I have extensive experience of working in a range of settings including:
- Community Clinics
- Mainstream and Independent Schools
- MLD Schools.
- ASD Resources within Mainstream Schools
- Language Impairment Units (for pre-school, primary and secondary age children)
- Children's Centres (providing early intervention and diagnosis for children with complex communication needs including ASD)
- Multidisciplinary settings (including collaborative working with CAMHS, Music Therapy and Occupational Therapy)
Since qualifying I have continued to develop my clinical skills in accordance with requirements set out by the RCSLT and the HCPC. I have specific training in the following areas:
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy.
- Derbyshire Language Scheme.
- Lidcombe Stammering Therapy.
- Picture Exchange Communication Therapy (PECS).
- The Nuffield Centre Dyspraxia Programme.
- Makaton signing.
- Hanen Parent-Child Intervention Programme ("It Takes Two to Talk").
- Hanen Teacher-Child Intervention Programme ("Learning Language and Loving It").
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- Bond Solon Expert Witness, Excellence in Report Writing, Courtroom Skills and Discussion Between Experts Accredited Training Modules
- Building Language using Lego Bricks
- Attention Autism
- Attachment Disorders
- Phonological Disorders